Basic infrastructure such as a steady, secure supply of electricity and gas is essential to daily life. Utilities Disputes seeks to ensure community groups across New Zealand know that we are here to help.
There are a number of ways we can assist a community:
- Speaking at conferences and community meetings. We often find it valuable to team up with other groups that educate consumers for conferences and presentations
- Walking through specific examples of issues that communities (businesses or individuals) may be dealing with, often using sample case notes
- Helping people contact their providers so their disputes are more effectively heard. We can refer a dispute to the provider or member, explain the process, and give information about past disputes
- Promoting accessibility. When you call us, you speak to a real person. We use Language Line interpreters and the Relay service for the hearing impaired
- Sharing expertise. Our staff are trained mediators who investigate what happened and facilitate resolution using various techniques, including conciliation conferences. We use independent technical and legal experts when necessary
Please feel free to reach out to us about ways in which we can serve your community. We have been doing this for 15 years, and we are committed to help.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0800 22 33 40
Elliot Riley, Team Manager, presenting to a group of volunteers at CAB Napier - Dec 2016