General Manager Operations
- Pivotal member of the Senior Leadership Team
- Newly established role, based in central Wellington
- Organisation in growth mode - anything is possible!
Utilities Disputes Ltd provides a free and independent dispute resolution service for electricity, gas, and water complaints, and disputes about access to shared property for broadband installations.
Reporting to the Deputy Commissioner, the General Manager Operations sits on the Senior Leadership Team and is responsible for demonstrating, coaching and actively supporting contemporary best practice dispute resolution across the organisation. This will involve identifying and developing methods for measuring, reporting and improving the performance of operational staff in key areas of their roles.
You will also work collaboratively with the Commissioner, Deputy Commissioner, Communications Manager and Business Development Manager to maintain effective business relationships with stakeholders and act as a high-level contact liaison for stakeholders. The General Manager Operations also maintains the role of Privacy Officer for UDL.
This is a role that will offer interesting, varied and challenging work and the opportunity to take a pivotal leadership role for this important organisation.
It is a great time to join the organisation; they have a strong reputation as an independent dispute resolution service and are in growth mode with exciting plans for the future. They have a supportive team environment and value staff development and continuous improvement.
- Extensive dispute resolution experience
- An effective coach and leader, with the ability to inspire high levels of productivity and quality outcomes
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and energy, with well-developed interpersonal skills
- Sound judgement and the ability to make independent, clear and robust complaint resolution decisions
- Action orientated with an analytical mind
- Very highly developed written and oral communication skills
- Open and transparent, with a consultative and collaborative way of building and maintaining relationships
- Receptive to new ideas and a focus on continuous improvement
- Resolution Institute accredited mediator or equivalent
- An ability to communicate in more than one language would be advantageous
For more information about Utilities Disputes and the role of General Manager Operations, please visit their website at www.utilitiesdisputes.co.nz.
Applications close: 5.00pm Sunday 25 April 2021
Applications to: Nikki Walshaw via mclaren.co.nz
Position description: Available to view at mclaren.co.nz
P: 04 499 1069