Our conciliators resolve complaints between energy retailers, energy distributors, water providers and their customers, as well as deal with objections to broadband installations on shared property. They use a range of dispute resolution strategies to resolve complaints in a timely and cost-effective manner, carry out investigations, and prepare draft decisions.
The UDL whānau have a strong sense of purpose - we have passion and excitement for the work that we do. We are driven to improve wellbeing outcomes for the communities we serve, including the public, their partners, and providers.
We are a focused team that work together in a supportive environment.
Our conciliators must apply a fair and reasonable approach to all aspects of their work to ensure we are accessible, independent, fair, accountable, efficient, and effective.
- tertiary qualifications in related discipline e.g. Dispute Resolution/Mediation/Law and experience in alternative dispute resolution, mediation and investigation is preferred but not essential
- able to identify complaint issues, and apply high quality dispute resolution methods and techniques to resolve complaints
- resilient and able to remain clear headed and positive when handling challenging complaints, calls, and enquiries
- demonstrate a willingness to develop a sound understanding of the Treaty of Waitangi/Te Tiriti o Waitangi and its applicability in our workplace and community
- enter data accurately and efficiently
- able to analyse and interpret technical information
- effective negotiator and investigator
- able to analyse complaints and arguments effectively
- consistent use of plain language principles
- excellent written and oral communication skills
- understand the principle of independence
- computer literate.
If you’re excited by the opportunity to join the UDL whānau we would love to hear from you.
UDL welcomes flexible working and supports people of all gender identities, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, disabilities, and religions.
Applications close: 5pm, Monday 17 January 2022
Applications to: Rachel Bellew – email@example.com
Position description: Available here
Don’t delay, as this position will be filled as soon as the right candidate comes along, and we reserve the right to close applications if we find the right candidate.